Nail Polish Attributes
All Nail’d at Tiffany’s polishes are:
Free from toluene, dibutyl phthalate, camphor, formaldehyde, formaldehyde resin, parabens and xylene. Our polishes also do not contain phalates, triphenyl phosphate or ethyl tosylamide.
Research has shown that a combination of these chemicals can be potentially harmful for our well-being & health. Nail’d at Tiffany’s is a healthy non-toxic alternative to traditional nail polishes.
Toluene – A solvent with the ability to dissolve paint – toxic with prolonged exposure.
DBP (dibutyl phthalate) – a plasticiser & additive to adhesives (may cause disruption to the endocrine system & developmental growth).
Camphor – a chemical used in the embalming process – potentially toxic & causes yellowing of the nails.
Formaldehyde – a known carcinogen.
Formaldehyde resin – a synthetic polymer used in coatings & adhesives.
Parabens – potential skin irritant.
Xylene – a suspected carcinogen.
We are one of the first nail polishes on the Australian market to be Water Permeable & breathable. But what does this mean?
Well, our nail polish is specially formulated to allow oxygen molecules (as well as hydrogen molecules, which are attached to the oxygen molecules) to permeate the polish colour film through to the natural nail. This allows the nail to breathe, hence our polish is breathable and can help improve the health of the nail whilst polish is on. The molecules of the polish are structured in such a way that the consistency or finish is not compromised – giving a fast-dry, long-lasting and high quality finish. We believe this is why our polish has an excellent shelf life, improved adhesion & greater resistance to abrasion and water. Please note: our water permeable nail polish is NOT water soluble or can be dissolved in water. Nail’d at Tiffany’s polish can simply be removed with our odourless water based nail polish remover and wiped off with our bamboo nail polish remover wipes (or any generic nail polish remover).